All Enduramark products are formulated as an ethanol based thick paste that should be diluted further with denatured alcohol prior to use.
Enduramark (2:1): Dilute with 2 parts denatured alcohol to 1 part Enduramark paste
Application of the Diluted Suspension:
- Clean the surface of the metal so it is free of any lubricants, oils, glues or other residue.
- Be sure to mix/shake the Enduramark prior to spraying.
- Make sure the metal surface is at room temperature or above prior to spraying. (Optional: Preheating the metal surface with a hair dryer prior to spraying decreases drying time and leads to a better overall coating)
- Recommended Delivery Method Based on Volume
- Low Usage - The low-cost Preval Spayer System which is available for $5.99 here and is a quick, easy solution. A brush can be used but is not recommended due to difficulties in achieving an even coating. If a brush is used, we recommend diluting less than 2 to1.
- Medium Usage - Even for medium usage, the low-cost Preval Spayer System is preferred for those not willing to make a long-term investment in an airbrush system.
- Heavy Usage - Master Airbrush Quad-cylinder TC-848 air compressor with tank and a simple PointZero single action siphon-feed airbrush with 0.8mm nozzle. Single and Dual-cylinder versions of the above compressor are also available for those that do not require high flow rates or continuous bulk spraying.
- Ensure an even coat is applied when spraying (a thickness of 0.001-0.002" is ideal (a thicker coat will produce lower quality results). Make sure the laser marking spray is completely dry prior to being lasered. A hair dryer can be used to speed the process or even better, pre-heat the surface prior to spraying.